• Two technical tracks (Main Track; AI for Social Impact)
• Two-phase reviewing: two reviews in Phase 1, another two in Phase 2 for papers that are not rejected in Phase 1. Author response after Phase 2, only for papers that are not rejected in Phase 1.
• Three kinds of supplementary material may be submitted alongside all papers: (1) technical appendix; (2) multimedia; (3) code and data. Supplementary material deadline is 3 days after the paper submission deadline.
• Two pages for references.
• All authors must complete a reproducibility checklist.
• All authors are expected to be available to review (light load), unless extenuating circumstances apply.
The purpose of the AAAI conference series is to promote research in artificial intelligence (AI) and foster scientific exchange between researchers, practitioners, scientists, students, and engineers in AI and its affiliated disciplines. AAAI-22 is the Thirty-Sixth AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence. Like previous AAAI conferences it will feature technical paper presentations, invited speakers, workshops, tutorials, poster sessions, senior member presentations, competitions, and exhibit programs, all selected according to the highest standards. AAAI-22 will also include additional programs for students and young researchers.
We plan for AAAI-22 to be an in-person conference and are exploring opportunities for remote participation. Given the volatile situation, however, the exact format of the conference can only be decided at a later stage.
AAAI-22 welcomes submissions reporting research that advances artificial intelligence, broadly conceived. The conference scope includes machine learning (deep learning, statistical learning, etc), natural language processing, computer vision, data mining, multiagent systems, knowledge representation, human-in-the-loop AI, search, planning, reasoning, robotics and perception, and ethics. In addition to fundamental work focused on any one of these areas we expressly encourage work that cuts across technical areas of AI, (e.g., machine learning and computer vision; computer vision and natural language processing; or machine learning and planning), bridges between AI and a related research area (e.g., neuroscience; cognitive science) or develops AI techniques in the context of important application domains, such as healthcare, sustainability, transportation, and commerce.
The set of AAAI-22 keywords is available on the AAAI-22 keywords page. This author’s guide for choosing the best keywords describes important considerations in selecting keywords for a paper.
Most papers in AAAI-22 will be part of the main track. All main track papers will be reviewed according to the same criteria and via the same process. A second track of the conference will focus on AI for Social Impact. Papers in this track will be reviewed according to a different evaluation rubric than papers in the main track. The same reviewing schedule will be followed for all papers.
Timetable for Authors
Note: all deadlines are “anywhere on earth” (UTC-12)
• July 26, 2021: AAAI-22 web site open for author registration
• August 2, 2021: AAAI-22 web site open for paper submission
• August 30, 2021: Abstracts due at 11:59 PM UTC-12
• September 8, 2021: Full papers due at 11:59 PM UTC-12
• September 11, 2021: Supplementary material and code due by 11:59 PM UTC-12
• October 1, 2021: Abstracts AND full papers for NeurIPS fast track submissions due by 11:59 PM UTC-12
• October 4, 2021: Supplementary material and code for NeurIPS fast track submissions due by 11:59 PM UTC-12
• October 15, 2021: Notification of Phase 1 rejections
• November 2-5, 2021: Author feedback window
• November 29, 2021: Notification of final acceptance or rejection
• December 9, 2021: Submission of paper preprints for inclusion in electronic conference materials
• February 22 – March 1, 2022: AAAI 2022
• March 22, 2022: Submission of archival versions of papers for publication in the AAAI digital library.
More information about CVPR 2022 is available at: https://aaai.org/Conferences/AAAI-22/